- Study abroad
- Before you go abroad
- Health & safety
- Incoming exchange students
- S&T Faculty led programs
- Meet your S&T coordinator
Explore the world
Welcome to the S&T Study Abroad! Whether you are a Miner thinking of spending some time abroad, a student wishing to experience S&T for a semester, or a faculty member looking for faculty-led programs - you are at the right place. Explore the world of opportunities, and e-mail us with any questions you may have.
Generation Study Abroad/Weiner Scholarship
In May 2015 Chancellor Schrader signed a Generation Study Abroad Commitment that Missouri S&T will double the number of students studying abroad for credit by 2020. Missouri S&T recently received grant funds from IIE’s Generation Study Abroad Program to be used for scholarships to promote study abroad. The grant funds, along with matching funds from the Weiner Endowment, will provide six scholarships of up to $3,750 each to be awarded to students studying abroad for credit during the fall semester 2016, spring semester 2016 or summer semester 2017.
The Office of International and Cultural Affairs is now accepting application for the Generation Study Abroad/Weiner Scholarship. The deadline to submit a scholarship application for studying abroad during spring or summer semester 2017 is September 25th. Applications for the Generation Study Abroad/Weiner Scholarship may be submitted online at www.globalminers.mst.edu through the study abroad application process.
The purpose of this program is to promote diversity among students who study abroad and to encourage students who would otherwise not participate in an international experience.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship recipients:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Missouri S&T
- Must contribute to diversifying the study abroad population at Missouri S&T
- Must participate in an approved Missouri S&T study abroad program
- Scholarship funds may be used for cost related to tuition, books, travel, room and board, and insurance
- Must meet one or more of the following diversity indicators:
- Underrepresented racial/ethnic group
- Students with disabilities
- Transfer student
- Student athlete
- High financial need
- Underrepresented academic discipline
- Student who has never traveled abroad
Additional information about scholarship requirements are available on the application through globaminers.mst.edu. If you have questions, please contact Study abroad in room 104 Norwood Hall, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (573) 341-6237.