- Outgoing Students
- Incoming Students
- Global Miners Spotlight
- Meet Your S&T Coordinator
Before You Go Abroad
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO A STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM. WHAT'S NEXT?
Your application with GlobalMiners is now in the post-decision phase. You will notice a number of new checklist items, including several items in your GlobalMiners Learning Content box. These materials will help you prepare you for your experience abroad. They include information on the following topics:
- Health, safety and security abroad
- Culture shock
- Crisis management
- Money management
- Parent information
Post- Decision 'To Do' List:
Please complete the following tasks before departure.
- Accept your study abroad offer and commit to the program on your GlobalMiners profile.
- Complete questionnaires, material submissions, signature documents, learning content and assessments in your GlobalMiners profile.
- Download your Pre-departure Checklist from GlobalMiners and use it to guide your preparations.
- Review the materials on your GlobalMiners application, including resources for parents, health and safety, money matters, communication, food, travel and packing.
- Attend the pre-departure orientation hosted by the Study Abroad Coordinator for last minute details.
- Your health and safety are very important to us. Please be sure to visit Travel Health and Safety Info before you go abroad.
- Please complete two brief Study Abroad quizzes on your GlobalMiners profile.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.