- Outgoing Study Abroad & Exchange Students
- Incoming exchange students
- S&T Faculty led programs
- Meet your S&T coordinator
Most of the financial aid (loans, grants, and scholarships) that you receive at Missouri S&T can be used for study abroad. Your financial aid award may be recalculated based on your study abroad costs. Some students may receive additional aid for study abroad, but please visit the Financial aid office to learn more about .
Most of the Missouri S&T students studying abroad on Students Exchange programs use some type of financial aid (loans, partial scholarships or grants) to fund their program. In most cases, funding does not come from one source (one comprehensive scholarship), but rather from various sources (loans, partial scholarships, grants, personal savings, parents etc.).
All students should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for financial aid. Even if you don’t qualify for financial aid to study at Missouri S&T, you may receive aid for a study abroad program. Some types of aid are available regardless of need (such as unsubsidized Stafford and PLUS loans), but you must file a FAFSA in order to receive them.
*If you normally receive scholarships for out of state tuition, these scholarship(s) will do not apply during your summer, semester, or year abroad since all students (out of state or in state) will be billed with Missouri S&T for in-state tuition while studying abroad.
- Talk to your financial aid counselor about your study abroad plans, and be sure to ask these questions:
- What kind of aid/loans do I currently receive, and are there any restrictions on this aid if I study abroad? (examples include tuition waivers, work study, grants, Stafford Loans or parent loans)
- Have I reached the maximum of (insert name of) loan allowed per academic year?
- How do loans work for study abroad?
- When will funds release for my semester of participation?
- How will additional scholarships impact my S&T financial aid?
- Research and apply for multiple partial scholarships. Deadlines vary, so plan ahead.
- See the study abroad financial planning click here.